Targeting and eligibility criteria
Our work aims to raise the aspirations and educational attainment amongst students from under-represented and disadvantaged groups. To participate in our activities, students should be in state schools/colleges between KS2 to KS5 and meet one or more of the following criteria (priority will be given to students who meet multiple criteria).
- People from lower socio-economic groups or from neighbourhoods where higher education participation is low as defined by home postcode, known as a low participation neighbourhood (LPN)
- Parents are in non-professional occupations (socio-economic groups NS-SEC 4-8)
- Low income family (eligible for free school meals in last six years)
- Neither parent has attended university
- From black and minority ethnic (BME) groups
- Care leavers
- From gypsy and traveller communities
- Those who have a disability
- Young carers
- People estranged from their families
- Mature learners
- White males from economically disadvantaged backgrounds (eligible for FSM, from NS-SEC groups 4-8 or live in an LPN)
Gifted and talented (G&T) students will be required to meet one or more of the above criteria as above, and priority will be given to those who meet multiple criteria.
* You can check if students live in a LPN (POLAR4 Quintile 1 or 2) by using the online postcode look up tool on the HEFCE website.