Explore our selected publications on space structures.
- Kafina, R. and Sagaseta, J. (2018) Analysis of outrigger-braced RC supertall buildings: core-supported & tube-in-tube lateral systems The Structural Design of Tall and Special Buildings, 28 (1), e1567. pp. 1-22.
- Kamarudin, Mohd Khairul, Yusoff, Mustafasanie M., Disney, Peter and Parke, Gerard (2018) Experimental and numerical investigation of the buckling performance of tubular glass columns under compression Structures, 15. pp. 355-369.
- Behnejad, S. Alireza (2018) Geometrical data for lattice spatial structures : regularity, historical background and education. Doctoral thesis, University of Surrey.
- Zhang, Ming, Parke, Gerard and Chang, Zhiwang (2018) The dynamic response and seismic damage of domes subjected to near-fault ground motions Earthquakes and Structures, An International Journal.
- Nooshin, Hoshyar (2017) Formex configuration processing: A young branch of knowledge International Journal of Spatial Structures, 32 (3-4). pp. 136-148.
- BEHNEJAD, S. ALIREZA, PARKE, G A R and NOOSHIN, Hoshyar (2015) Teaching Spatial Structures: Who to Teach, What to Teach and How to Teach In: International Association for Shell and Spatial Structures (IASS) Symposium 2015, 17 - 20 August 2015, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
- Behnejad, SA and Parke, GAR (2015) Z S Makowski: A Pioneer of Spatial Structures International Journal of Spatial Structures, 30 (3 - 4). pp. 191-201.
- BEHNEJAD, S. ALIREZA and PARKE, G A R (2014) Half a Century with the Spatial Structures Research Centre of the University of Surrey International Journal of Spatial Structures, 29 (4). pp. 205-214.
- BEHNEJAD, S, ALIREZA, , PARKE, GAR and NOOSHIN, H Sphere Packing for Regularisation of Lattice Domes In: The International Association for Shell and Spatial Structures 2013 Symposium, 2013-09-23 - 2013-09-27, Oficyna Wydawnicza Politechniki Wroclawskiej. Wroclaw, Poland.
- Mansor, H, Disney, P and Parke, GAR (2011) Evaluation of Progressive Collapse Analysis Using Beam and Shell Elements In: IABSE-IASS Symposium 2011, 2011-09-20 - 2011-09-23, London, UK.
- Sun, J, Li, H, Parke, GAR and Nooshin, H Dynamic Stability Behaviour of Lattice Domes with Substructures In: IASS-APCS Symposium 2012, 2012-05-21 - 2012-05-24, Seoul, Korea.
- Baverel, O, Nooshin, H, Kuroiwa, Y and Parke, GAR (2000) Nexorades International Journal of Spatial Structures, 15 (2). pp. 155-159.
International Journal of Space Structures
The International Journal of Space Structures is a peer-reviewed journal which aims to provide an international forum for the interchange of information on all aspects of analysis, design and construction of spatial structures, published by SAGE Publishing.
The first issue of the International Journal of Space Structures was published in 1985. According to the editorial note by the founders and initial editors of the Journal, Z S Makowski and H Nooshin: “The need for a journal dealing specifically with space structures was felt long before the recent International Conference on Space Structures, which was held at the University of Surrey in September 1984. The success of the Conference reinforced the belief that the time was now ripe for the launching of a journal on space structures.‟
Twenty-one years later, in 2006, Rene Motro and John Chilton were appointed as the new editors of the Journal. In 2008, Motro carried on with the editorship alone and, in 2021, he passed the editorship on to Olivier Baverel and Bernard Maurin in order to focus on his position as president of the International Association for Shell and Spatial Structures. The Journal has published 28 special issues on specific subjects to date.