Summer programmes are a great option to explore studying or working abroad without committing to a full year or semester.
Summer schools are a great option to explore studying abroad without committing to a full year or semester. They offer a wide range of courses that may support you in studying a course relevant to your degree or discovering a new interest.
They usually last two to four weeks and are a great way to experience university life in another country. As a result of such an experience, you will develop interpersonal skills, self-confidence and increase your cultural awareness which are attractive skills for potential employers.
You will also be able to socially engage with others and build a new international network of friends and professional contacts. Summer schools are self-funded but to help with the costs, a number of grants are available for undergraduate students.
Internships and volunteering
As part of the summer schools programme we also offer internship and volunteering opportunities at our partner institutions.
Available summer programmes
- University of São Paulo Summer School, Brazil (Ribeirão Preto campus)
- Hong Kong Polytechnic University Summer School, Hong Kong
- Novosibirsk Summer School, Russia
- Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Aarhus University, Denmark
- Mannheim University Business Summer School, Germany
- Linkoping Summer Academy, Sweden
- Harbin Institute of Technology, Weihai, China (Engineering focused)
- La Rochelle Summer School, France (Hospitality and Tourism Management students only)
- Spanish and Culture Programme at University of Santiago De Compostela, Spain
- Internship at Surrey International Institute (SII), DUFE, China
- Volunteering at La Montessori Schools Kullu-Manali (Himalayas), India
- Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) Global Summer School Grants Scheme.