Clinical trial management and governance at Surrey Clinical Trials Unit
Surrey CTU has an experienced team with expertise in clinical trial management and governance.
- Protocol writing
- Costings for grant applications
- HRA/ethics/IRAS submissions
- Sponsor oversight
- Risk assessments
- Close collaboration with chief investigator, data manager, study statistician and trial co-ordination staff
- Trial Management Group and Investigator meeting support
- Multicentre site setup, monitoring and close out
- Working in accordance with CTU SOPs
The Research Governance Framework is made up of regulations, principles and standards of good practice designed to achieve and continuously improve research quality. It applies to everyone connected to clinical research, whether as a chief investigator, care professional, researcher, their employer(s) or support staff. Clinical research is any health-related research that involves humans, their tissue and/or data.
Research governance is essential in order to:
- safeguard participants in research
- protect researchers/investigators (by providing a clear framework within which to work)
- enhance ethical and scientific quality
- mitigate risk
- monitor practice and performance
- promote good practice and ensure that lessons are learned
For all trials sponsored by the University of Surrey, we work in tandem with the Research Integrity and Governance Office (RIGO), which provides support to researchers in order to safeguard compliance, good practice and policies.
RIGO is the central point of contact for all external enquiries about research governance and ethics at the University of Surrey.