The University Archive collection
Established in accordance with a resolution of the University Senate of 7 February 1984, the University Archive collection is the official repository for the historic records of the University of Surrey.
Records go back to the founding of Battersea Polytechnic in 1891. We collect copies of current publications, as well as minutes and other documents once they are no longer required for day-to-day business purposes.
The archives include:
- Minutes of Senate, the University Council and their committees, and the Polytechnic Governing Body
- Records of academic and administrative departments
- Financial records, including annual accounts and balance sheets
- Records of relations with external bodies and associated institutions
- Publications, including annual reports, calendars, magazines, prospectuses, newsletters, student magazines and handbooks
- Student enrolment records
- Staff records
- Examination papers
- Records of University and Polytechnic land, estates and facilities
- Photographs and items of historic interest, such as badges, clothes and trophies