So much of our work would not be possible without you. This promise is a commitment to our donors.
Our donor promise
The generosity of our alumni and donors has played a critical role in the University of Surrey’s history and continues to make a real difference to the success of our students today.
Our donor promise guarantees the integrity, accountability and transparency of our fundraising programme.
- Inform you of the way we intend to use donations and of our commitment to use them effectively for their intended purposes.
- Keep you updated about the impact of your philanthropy and the University’s evolving needs and priorities.
- Appropriately acknowledge, recognise and publicise donations in consultation with you, respecting anonymity where requested.
- Respect your rights to privacy and fully comply with General Data Protection Regulation.
- Adhere to the Code of Fundraising Practice.
How your donation will be used and acknowledged
- The University will endeavour to acknowledge receipt of your donation within five working days.
- All undesignated donations will be used where the University judges the area of greatest need.
- Please let us know if you would like your donation to be restricted for a specific use. If the University determines that all or part of the gift cannot be usefully or practically applied to the purpose described, or if the purpose cannot be achieved because of a future change in law or unforeseeable circumstances, the gift may be used for any related purpose which in the opinion of the University best accomplishes your wishes.
- In the case of financial support for students, the University will undertake to inform and involve you as appropriate. As part of our commitment to academic freedom, the University reserves the right to make the final approval of funding awards for students.
- No preferential treatment or influence will be granted to you with regard to any other aspect of the University’s business or policy making as a result of your donation.
- The University celebrates donations by publishing a list of givers annually on our website. If you would like your name withdrawn or if your name is not listed and you would like this changed for future listings, our Supporter Relations team is available to assist.
If you would like to discuss any aspect of our promise, or other matters concerning fundraising activity at the University, please contact us:
- Phone: +44 (0)1483 683143
- Email: email@example.com