Forever Surrey Fund
The Forever Surrey Fund provides crucial support across the University. In the 2020-21 academic year, we supported students in unexpected hardship, those taking business placements and to help our clubs and societies to grow. This has had a huge impact on the lives of countless students at Surrey.
Reasons why we need your support
In the 2020-21 academic year, the Forever Surrey Fund supported:
- Students received life-changing hardship grants, giving crucial support to those who suffered unexpected hardship and may have had to leave the University without access to these funds.
- Students from disadvantaged backgrounds were given funding to allow them to take up a business placement. This gave them an inspirational placement year in industry working for some of the leading companies around the world, significantly increasing their future employability for when they leave Surrey.
- 26 Surrey clubs and societies were given funding allowing them to offer our students transformational experiences, ensuring they can compete at the highest levels. This includes the Canoe Club who received a grant to purchase modern river running kayaks for beginners. This means that the fleet has enough equipment to be inclusive to all it's members and the club can grow.
Make an impact that lasts forever
- £60 helps support a student facing severe hardship due to an unexpected financial crisis such as the loss of parental financial support
- £150 enables our University of Surrey sports teams to buy vital equipment to allow the teams to grow. This provides more opportunities for students, develops talent and allows students to compete at the highest levels.
- £4,000 gives essential funding for a student, from a low-income background, in their business placement year – a key part of the Surrey experience, significantly increasing their future employability.