Forever Surrey Fund
The Forever Surrey Fund provides crucial support across the university. In 2018 alone, we awarded almost £250,000 to help students in unexpected hardship, those taking business placements and to help our clubs and societies to grow. This has had a huge impact on the lives of countless students at Surrey.
111 reasons why we need your support
In 2018, the Forever Surrey Fund supported:
- 78 students received life-changing hardship grants, giving crucial support to those who suffered unexpected hardship and may have had to leave the University without access to these funds.
- 25 students from disadvantaged backgrounds were given funding to allow them to take up a business placement. This gave them an inspirational placement year in industry working for some of the leading companies around the world, significantly increasing their future employability.
- 8 Surrey clubs and societies were given funding allowing them to offer our students transformational experiences. This includes the rowing club who last year received a grant to purchase a new women’s 8+ boat, enabling them to produce a top 10 finish in the British Universities and Colleges Sport Regatta, a record achievement for Surrey.
Make an impact that lasts forever
- £5 helps support a student facing severe hardship due to an unexpected financial crisis such as the loss of parental financial support
- £25 gives essential funding for a student, from a low-income background, in their business placement year – a key part of the Surrey experience
- £111 enables our University of Surrey sports teams to buy vital equipment to allow the teams to grow. This provides more opportunities for students, develops talent and allows students to compete at the highest levels.