Facilities and equipment
We have world-class facilities and equipment including three studios, edit rooms, practice rooms and a TV studio.
We are doubling our facilities space
The existing facilities in our Performing Arts Technology Studios will be upgraded and complemented by our new £1.7m state-of-the-art production and media suites, which will be ready for use by students from September 2022.
All studios, edit rooms and acoustic rooms in the new space will be linked by a new Dante digital audio network, providing audio interconnection between each room, plus video interconnects for flexible configurations of the recording spaces and studios.
To be completed by August 2022:
- Mac lab (118 sqm)
- Audio Lab (35 sqm)
- Self-study computer lab (46 sqm)
- TV studio sound stage, gallery, sound room, vision and lighting room, and machine room
- Dolby Atmos equipped surround sound recording studio
- Creative music technology workshop/performance room
- New postgraduate research student room
- New film and TV equipment stores facility
- Acoustic works to the synth lab studio
- Acoustic works to studio 2, accommodating a new Neve 88RS mixing console.
To be completed during the 2022/23 academic year:
- Two sound isolated recording rooms
- New synth room
- Foley/voice recording room
- Colour grading/edit room
- Three audio edit suites.
We are home to a TV studio, edit rooms, the ITU-R BS.1116 critical listening room and audio laboratory and Mac labs.