Politics PhD studentships 2023
We are currently recruiting a PhD candidate to join the Department of Politics, University of Surrey. The PhD programme provides state-of-the art research and teaching training and teaches professional skills in political science and international relations. The PhD candidate will be based at the Department of Politics.
Start date1 October 2023
Funding sourceFaculty of Arts and Social Sciences
Studentships will cover, for three years or pro-rata part-time: full fees (at home or international rate), an annual stipend (c. £17,600), and a training grant for research and development expenses.
Open to any UK or international candidates.
The ideal candidate must have:
- A first-class master’s degree (or equivalent)
- Motivation and self-determination to complete a PhD within 3 years
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to learn, work independently and collaboratively.
Applications will be assessed on:
- Personal statement
- Educational and professional achievements
- Feasibility and quality of the research proposal
- Fit to the Department of Sociology themes
- Fit to the proposed supervisory team.
How to apply
Apply to the Politics PhD programme.
The funding application form (docx) should be completed electronically and returned to Dr Roula Nezi (email@example.com). The deadline for applications is 9 December 2022. Late applications will not be accepted. Applicants will also need to apply to the University of Surrey through the PhD programme page, clearly stating that you are applying for the Department of Politics doctoral studentships 2023.
Read our studentship FAQs to find out more about applying and funding.