Academic and research departmentsSchool of Hospitality and Tourism Management, Centre for Sustainability and Wellbeing in the Visitor Economy, Centre for Competitiveness of the Visitor Economy.
My research project
Economic impacts evaluation of experiential tourism
This study aims to model the economic impacts of experiential tourism interventions in six English- French regions, which currently deal with seasonality issue as the majority of visitors arrive in spring and summer. Through modelling the complex interactions between visitors and businesses using agent-based modelling, the contribution of innovative products and services in increase of tourist number and expenditure, business performance growth and eventually expansion of off-season tourism will be measured.
Tourism Economics, Sustainability, Business Economics
- Dalir, S., Mahamadaminov, A., & Olya, H. G. (2020). Airbnb and taxation: Developing a seasonal tax system. Tourism Economics, Doi: 10.1177/1354816620904894.
- Katircioglu, S., Dalir, S., & Olya, H. G. (2016). Is a clean development mechanism project economically justified? Case study of an International Carbon Sequestration Project. Environmental Science and Pollution Research, 23(1), 504-513. Doi: 10.1007/s11356-015-5256-2.
- Alipour, H., Olya, H. G., Maleki, P., & Dalir, S. (2020). Behavioral responses of 3S tourism visitors: Evidence from a Mediterranean Island destination. Tourism Management Perspectives, 33, 100624. Doi: 10.1016/j.tmp.2019.100624.
- Olya, H. G., Alipour, H., Peyravi, B., & Dalir, S. (2019). Tourism climate insurance: implications and prospects. Asia Pacific Journal of Tourism Research, 24(4), 269-280. Doi: 10.1080/10941665.2018.1564338.
- Olya, G., Alipour, H., & Dalir, S. (2014). An Entrepreneurial Tourism Project through Agro-Tourism Farm. Journal of Sustainable Development Studies, 6(1), 48-63.