The School of Health Sciences is proud to hold an Athena SWAN Bronze award. The Athena SWAN awards are given to higher education institutions to recognise their commitment to advancing women’s careers in science, technology, engineering, maths and medicine.
Equality Challenge Unit (ECU) and Athena SWAN charter
ECU’s Athena SWAN Charter covers women (and men where appropriate) in:
- Academic roles in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Medicine (STEMM) and (Arts, Humanities, Social Sciences, Business and Law) AHSSBL
- Professional and support staff
- Trans staff and students.
In relation to their:
- Progression of students into academia
- Journey through career milestones
- Working environment for all staff.