We are at the cutting edge internationally in developing novel solutions for global health challenges, to achieve this, we work closely with key industrial partners and clinical leaders to generate new models of for delivering for integrated health and social care.
We aim to
- Deliver excellence in healthcare learning and teaching to create a workforce fit for the future.
- Provide a high quality student experience to all of our learners.
- Produce world-class healthcare research that addresses global health-care priorities and underpins the delivery of integrated ethical care supported by technological and clinical innovation.
- Become an international leader of health science innovation.
- Create an environment to inspire productivity and creativity.
- Recruit, retain and develop excellent staff.
- Work to viable and sustainable practices across the School.
- 5th for Nursing in the Complete University Guide 2021
- 8th for Nursing in the The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2021.
Based on the evidence available, the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) Panel judged that the University of Surrey delivers consistently outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for its students. It is of the highest quality found in the UK.
We work with diverse patient and social care groups in which research-related knowledge and skills benefit individuals, organisations and society.
Our team have made significant advances in understanding patient and family experiences, methods for research, and the theory and application of health and social care.
We have worked with commercial partners to share our knowledge and help get ideas into practice through Knowledge Transfer Partnership awards.
Global partnerships are crucial to realising our ambition to improve healthcare through our research, education, innovation and enterprise.
We seek to promote our ground-breaking research and attract the most promising researchers and students from around the world. We do this by forging links with business and industry and have, as a result, developed close relationships with talented people and like-minded organisations around the world.
As a research-intensive University, we are committed to interacting with the best researchers on the global stage to address issues affecting healthcare. Our international collaborations in research have led to many of our research outputs featuring an international co-author.
Practice placements partnerships
Students from the School of Health Sciences have the opportunity to complete placements across health care institutions, including:
- Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
- Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
- Surrey and Sussex NHS Trust
- Ashford and St Peters NHS Trust
- First Community Health and Care
- Royal Surrey County Hospital
- Central Surrey Health
- First Community Health and Care
- Frimley Park Hospital
- North Hampshire Hospitals
- Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust
- Sussex Community Health
- Virgin Care
- Western Sussex Hospitals Foundation Trust.
Who we work with
We have over 800 active partnerships. Our expert staff, students and alumni work with health care providers, government, corporate businesses, SMEs and the third sector to improve the delivery of health care nationally and internationally.
Below are just a few examples of some of the organisations we’re currently working with.