We have been developing cutting-edge research in the signal processing and interpretation domain for more than 30 years. Many of these technologies have been developed in collaboration with industrial partners, or brought to market through external consultancy, spin-out companies such as Omniperception Ltd, and Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTP).
Why collaborate with us?
- Working with us offers access to an established community of more than 120 researchers in the image, video, audio and signal processing and machine learning. This concentration of academic research expertise is unique in the UK
- We have a solid track record of delivery to industry spanning more than 30 years, with experience working with and licensing technologies to companies of all scales from SMEs to large multinational organisations
- We offer multiple routes for engagement, ranging from the longer term e.g. funded PhDs, to mid-term e.g. participation on EU or UK grant proposals, to shorter term outsourcing of research and development through KTP or consultancy
- We are centrally located in the UK, with Guildford only 40 minutes from Waterloo and less than one hour from Gatwick, Heathrow and the Eurostar
- Engaging our PhD students in your research project can provide a high-calibre recruitment channel into your organisation.
We host a number of technical facilities such as the state of the art visual media laboratory studio, and the Sound Sphere that can be hired out. Please contact Nan Bennett (firstname.lastname@example.org) with enquiries.
If you would like to speak to an appropriate expert, then view our research areas and get in contact with the research leads.
Industrial project partners
We have a track record of over 25 years of engagement with industry at all stages of research and development, from blue sky research to direct exploitation of mature technologies. With most of our research projects at some level being connected with commercial or government end-users.
In addition to these collaborations, we have a strong record of industry spin-outs and technology transfer through Knowledge Transfer Partnerships. Spin-out companies include: 3D body scanning provider Avatar-Me, and OmniPerception (founded in 2001).
The following is a non-exhaustive list of past or ongoing industrial project partners: