'Creating machines that can see, hear and understand the world around them.'
We advance research in artificial intelligence (AI) and machine perception structured in seven labs focused on cross-disciplinary application areas.
- The A-Lab focuses on machine audition, spatial audio, developing audio signal processing technology relating to sound recognition, and blind source separation
- The B-Lab focuses on biometric and security related technologies, specialising in facial recognition and lip tracking
- The C-Lab focuses on cognitive systems and robotics, covering a broad range of technologies relating to visual interaction with computers. These include sign language recognition and autonomous vehicles
- The D-lab focuses on distributed ledger technologies with blockchain at the forefront of the research
- The M-Lab focuses on medical imaging technologies and personalised healthcare collaborating closely with leading medical institutions
- The I-Lab focuses on audio-visual understanding of video content including big data analysis, multimedia communications and streaming technologies
- The V-Lab focuses on machine perception for creative technologies, specialising in 3D immersive content production, performance capture and video-based animation.