In the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences we firmly believe that excellence in research and teaching in the 21st century can only be achieved with an international dimension.
Study with us
Our global strategy
Our vision is of a Faculty whose staff and students enjoy and realise the challenges and opportunities of a thoroughly internationalised environment, and of a Faculty that is recognised internationally for its excellence in teaching and research.
Our mission is to promote internationalisation of the staff and student experience and recognition of the Faculty’s and University’s excellence abroad, with the aim of generating high-quality research and teaching with overseas partners. We aim to achieve this mission through the following specific aims:
- To promote engagement of our staff with international partners in both education and research.
- To promote an international experience for our students.
- To facilitate the recruitment of the best international students at undergraduate, postgraduate taught and postgraduate researcher level.
- To develop strong links with key international partners.
- To develop strong international research collaborations that will deliver research excellence and global impact.
- To position the Faculty so that it is well-placed to take advantage of international research funding opportunities.
- To raise the profile of FHMS as a leader in bioscience, healthcare, psychology and veterinary education and research.
- To increase our overseas student numbers.
- To contribute effectively to the University’s Global Strategy.
Our international research collaborations
I look forward to resuming the post as Associate Dean (International). Under Professor Johnjoe McFadden’s leadership during the last five years, the Faculty has built important new strategic partnerships with partners such as Shanghai Jiao Tong and Milan-Bicocca. Our Faculty’s undergraduate students have more international opportunities than ever before. It is important that we expand on these, and also that we intensify our research on addressing global challenges together with international partners.
Our staff and student body are drawn from all around the globe and help to maintain a vibrant sense of internationalisation through all our activities.