Our international vision
Within the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences (FHMS), University of Surrey, we are firmly of the belief that excellence in research and teaching in the twenty-first century can only be achieved with an international dimension.
Our staff and student body are drawn from all around the globe and help to maintain a vibrant sense of internationalisation through all our activities. We also maintain a highly dynamic network of colleagues from internationally-renowned institutes and promote exchange of students in our undergraduate and post-graduate taught and research degree programmes.
The work of internationalisation in FHMS is led by Professor Johnjoe McFadden, Associate Dean (International) (ADI) who is supported and assisted by the FHMS International Relations Committee (IRC) at Faculty level.
Each School or Department within FHMS is represented by a Faculty International Officer who sits on this committee.
The International Office of FHMS aims to enhance our international activities by:
- Promoting international research partnerships and networks.
- Promoting international collaborations that deliver teaching excellence.
- Supporting incoming and outgoing exchanges of students and staff.
- Identifying key international partners.
- Establishing formal agreements with target institutes to maximise outputs from our international activities.
- A key component of our international strategy is participation in the University Global Partnership Network (UGPN) which sets out to create a foundation for international collaboration enabling academics and students from some of the world’s top universities to work together on issues of global importance.