Dr. Athina Ioannou joined the University of Surrey in 2018 as a Research Fellow supporting the research activities in the EPSRC funded project “PriVELT” (PRIvacy-aware personal data management and Value Enhancement for Leisure Travellers). She has received her BSc in Finance (2011) from University of Macedonia, Greece with distinction, an MSc in Business Information Systems (2013) from City University London and her PhD degree in Computer Science (2018) from Brunel University London.
Affiliations and memberships
- Privacy and Data Management
- IT Innovation Adoption & Diffusion
- Adoption and use of emerging technologies such as Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Adaptive and Maladaptive uses of IT (such as Technostress) and their individual, organisational and social consequences
- Mindfulness in IS
- Business Intelligence and Machine Learning
Indicators of esteem
2017, August. Best Paper Award in SIGADIT Track.Twenty-third Americas Conference on Information Systems, Boston, USA. Title 'Using IT Mindfulness to mitigate the negative consequences of technostress' (with Anastasia Papazafeiropoulou).