My research project
A research enthusiast pursuing Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) with fully-funded university scholarship in the Centre for Vision, Speech and Signal Processing (CVSSP) in the Faculty of Engineering and Physical Sciences (FEPS) at the University of Surrey, England, United Kingdom (UK).
Before starting my PhD, I worked as a Junior Project Officer at KLIV Research group, IIT Kharagpur, India. My broad area of research is the domain of Artificial Intelligence (AI) - I am specifically interested in the emerging field of deep learning applied mainly in (but not restricted to) computer vision tasks.
Having a tremendous love for programming, I am also focused on writing good quality codes/softwares related to my field of study. I love to share knowledge and so decided to maintain a technical blog in my personal website. I am currently a part of SketchX Lab, an elite group of researchers pioneering in the field of sketch analysis, led by my PhD supervisors Dr Yi-Zhe Song, Dr Tao Xiang and Yongxin Yang. My current focus is on sketch generation problems using modern Deep Learning methods like GANs.
Visit my Google Scholar profile for publication details: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=x-WI_EgAAAAJ&hl=en
The following list might be outdated.
- (New) A. K. Bhunia*, A. Das*, U. R. Muhammad*, Y. Yang, T. Hospedales, T. Xiang, Y. Gryaditskaya and Y. Z. Song (* Equal Contribution), "Pixelor: A Competitive Sketching AI Agent. So you think you can beat me?", SIGGRAPH Asia 2020
- (New) A. Das, Y. Yang, T. Hospedales, T. Xiang, Y. Z. Song, "BézierSketch: A generative model for scalable vector sketches", European Conference on Computer Vision (ECCV 2020)
- P. P. Roy, A. K. Bhunia, A. Das, P. Dhar, U. Pal, "Keyword spotting in doctor’s handwriting on medical prescriptions", Expert Systems with Applications (ESWA, Impact Factor: 2.981).
- A. Das, S. Das, "Feature Weighting and Selection with a Pareto-optimal Trade-off between Relevancy and Redundancy", Pattern Recognition Letters (PRL,Impact Factor: 1.586)
- P. P. Roy, A. K. Bhunia, A. Das, P. Dey, U. Pal, "HMM-based Indic Handwritten Word Recognition using Zone Segmentation", Pattern Recognition (PR, Impact Factor: 3.399)
- P. P. Roy, A. Das, D. Majhi, U. Pal, "Retrieval of Scene Image and VideoFrames using Date Field Spotting", The 3rd IAPR Asian Conference on Pattern Recognition
- A. Das, A. K. Bhunia, P. P. Roy, U. Pal, "Handwritten Word Spotting in Indic Scripts using Foreground and Background Information", The 3rd IAPR Asian Conference on Pattern Recognition.
- A. K. Bhunia, A. Das, P. P. Roy, U. Pal, "A Comparative Study of Features for Handwritten Bangla Text Recognition", 13 th International Conference on DocumentAnalysis and Recognition (ICDAR), pp. 636-640.