Haiyue Yuan graduated from the University of Sheffield, UK in 2007 with a BE degree in Mobile Communication System in Electronic Engineering. He completed a Master's degree in Finance from the University of Sheffield, UK in 2008. He joined the I-Lab, Centre for Vision, Speech, and Signal Processing (CVSSP), University of Surrey as a PhD student in October 2009. and graduated in 2013.
Since May 2013, he has been working in different projects with the Digital World Research Centre (DWRC), Department of Computer Science, and CVSSP. An Android app 'Com-Note' developed by Haiyue Yuan, Dr Janko Calic, and Professor David Frohlich was released to Google App Store. In October 2014, he joined the Department of Computer Science as a research fellow working on the Innovate UK project POLARBEAR under the supervision of Professor Shujun Li and Professor Anthony T.S. Ho.
From April 2016 to April 2018, he was working on the COMMANDO-HUMANS as a research fellow with Professor Shujun Li and Dr Patrice Rusconi. Since May 2018, he has been working on a Next Generation Paper at CVSSP under supervision of Professor Miroslaw Bober.
Yuan H, Li S., Rusconi P., Cognitive Modeling for Automated Human Performance Evaluation at Scale, SpringerBriefs in Human-Computer Interaction, ISBN 978-3-030-45704-4, to be published in 2020 © Springer
- Alqahtani S.I, Li S., Yuan H., Rusconi P., “Human-Generated and Machine-Generated Ratings of Password Strength: What Do Users Trust More ?”, Endorsed Transactions on Security and Safety, European Alliance for Innovation (EAI), 2020
- Frohlich D.M., Corrigan-Kavanagh E., Bober M., Yuan H., et.al., “The Cornwall a-book: An Augmented Travel Guide Using Next Generation Paper”, The Journal of Electronic Publishing, 22 (1), 2019
- Yuan H, Li S., Rusconi P., and Aljaffan N., "When Eye-tracking Meets Cognitive Modeling: Applications to Cyber Security Systems," in Human Aspects of Information Security, Privacy and Trust: 5th International Conference, HAS 2017, Held as Part of HCI International 2017, Vancouver, BC, Canada, July 9-14, 2017, Proceedings, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 10292, pp. 251-264, 2017 (Best Paper Award)
- Aljaffan N., Yuan H., and Li S., "PSV (Password Security Visualizer): From Password Checking to User Education," in Human Aspects of Information Security, Privacy and Trust: 5th International Conference, HAS 2017, Held as Part of HCI International 2017, Vancouver, BC, Canada, July 9-14, 2017, Proceedings, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 10292, pp. 191-211, 2017
- Yuan H., Li S., Ho A.T.S., Palmer P., Lloyd A., and Head G., "Forensic Vehicle Convoy Analysis Using ANPR Data," poster presented at DFRWS EU 2016, 29-31 March 2016, Lausanne, Switzerland.
- Frohlich D.M, Armstrong T., Calic J., Yuan H., Knights T., Debrulais S., “Com-Note: Designing a composer's notebook for collaborative music composition,” Digital Research in the Humanities and Arts Conference 2014 (published in 2015).
- Yuan H., Calic J., Kondoz A., “Quality of interaction experience in stereoscopic 3DTV," International Conference on Imaging Processing (ICIP) 2014, Special Session: Quality of Experience in 3D Multimedia Systems.
- Yuan H., Calic J., Kondoz A., "Facilitating interaction with stereoscopic 3D display devices," 3DTV-Conference: The True Vision - Capture, Transmission and Display of 3D Video (3DTV-CON), pp. 1-4, 2014
- Glorney E., Wells K., Yuan H., Hilton A., Perkins D., “The development of a quantitative observation system for the early warning of violent behaviours within a secure environment”, International Society for Research on Aggression, XXIst World Meeting; Atlanta; 18th July 2014
- Yuan H., Calic J., Fernando A., Kondoz A.,“Impact of disparity error on user experience of interacting with stereoscopic 3D video content,” 2013 IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo (ICME) Hot3D Workshop
- Yuan H., Calic J., Fernando A., Kondoz, A.,“Investigation and Evaluation of Pointing Modalities for Interactive Stereoscopic 3D TV,” 2013 IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo (ICME), “Multimedia for humanity” track
- Yuan H., Calic J., Kondoz A., “Analysis of User Requirements in Interactive 3D Video Systems,” Advances in Human-Computer Interaction, vol. 2012, Article ID 343197, 11 pages, 2012
- Yuan H., Calic J., Fernando A., Kondoz A., “User Requirements Elicitation of Stereoscopic 3D Video Interaction,” 2012 IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo Workshops (ICMEW) pp.31-36, 9-13 July 2012
- Yuan H., Calic J., Kondoz A.,“Intuitive Interaction With Stereoscopic 3D Video Content,” Doctoral Consortium of the 26th Annual BCS Interaction Specialist Group Conference on People and Computers (BCS-HCI '12). British Computer Society, Swinton, UK, 2012.
- Yuan H., Calic J., Kondoz A.,“How do users select stereoscopic 3D content?,” 3DTV-Conference: The True Vision - Capture, Transmission and Display of 3D Video (3DTV-CON), 2012, pp. 1-4, 2012