Haiyue Yuan is a Research Fellow working on the Next Generation Paper project at Centre for Vision, Speech, and Signal Processing (CVSSP) under supervision of Professor Miroslaw Bober. He got his PhD from CVSSP in 2013 working on user aspects of stereoscopic 3D video interaction. Since 2013, Haiyue has been working a number of multidisciplinary projects with Digital World Research Centre (DWRC), Department of Computer Science, CVSSP and Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering across different research topics including Human Computer Interaction (HCI), human factor in Cyber Security, cognitive modelling, and satellite image processing. He has released a number of mobile applications including Com-Note, Cornwall a-book, CVSSP 30th as the outcome of the research projects.
Main research projects:
- Innovate UK -- POLARBEAR (Pattern of Life ANPR Behaviour Extraction Analysis and Recognition) with Professor Shujun Li and Professor Anthony T.S. Ho
- EPSRC -- COMMANDO-HUMANS (COMputational Modelling and Automatic Non-intrusive Detection Of HUMan behaviour based iNSecurity) with Professor Shujun Li and Dr Patrice Rusconi
- EPSRC -- Next Generation Paper with Professor Miroslaw Bober and Professor David Frohlich
- UKRI with co-funding from SME Alcis through the SPRINT program -- Maize mapping and sustainable water use in Afghanistan with Dr Belen Marti-Cardona
- Yuan H, Li S, Rusconi P, "CogTool+: Modeling human performance at large scale," accepted to ACM Transactions on Computer-Human Interaction, ACM.
- Yuan H, Li S, Rusconi P, Cognitive Modeling for Automated Human Performance Evaluation at Scale (@Springer.com), part of Human–Computer Interaction Series book series (HCIS) and of SpringerBriefs in Human-Computer Interaction book sub series (BRIEFSHUMAN), ISBN 978-3-030-45704-4, 2020 © Springer
- Benjamin Zi Hao Zhao, Hassan Jameel Asghar, Mohamed Ali Kaafar, Francesca Trevisan, and Haiyue Yuan. 2020. Exploiting Behavioral Side Channels in Observation Resilient Cognitive Authentication Schemes. ACM Trans. Priv. Secur. 24, 1, Article 1 (January 2021), 33 pages.
- Alqahtani S.I, Li S., Yuan H., Rusconi P., “Human-Generated and Machine-Generated Ratings of Password Strength: What Do Users Trust More ?”, Endorsed Transactions on Security and Safety, European Alliance for Innovation (EAI), 2020
- Frohlich D.M., Corrigan-Kavanagh E., Bober M., Yuan H., et.al., “The Cornwall a-book: An Augmented Travel Guide Using Next Generation Paper”, The Journal of Electronic Publishing, 22 (1), 2019
- Yuan H, Li S., Rusconi P., and Aljaffan N., "When Eye-tracking Meets Cognitive Modeling: Applications to Cyber Security Systems," in Human Aspects of Information Security, Privacy and Trust: 5th International Conference, HAS 2017, Held as Part of HCI International 2017, Vancouver, BC, Canada, July 9-14, 2017, Proceedings, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 10292, pp. 251-264, 2017 (Best Paper Award)
- Aljaffan N., Yuan H., and Li S., "PSV (Password Security Visualizer): From Password Checking to User Education," in Human Aspects of Information Security, Privacy and Trust: 5th International Conference, HAS 2017, Held as Part of HCI International 2017, Vancouver, BC, Canada, July 9-14, 2017, Proceedings, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 10292, pp. 191-211, 2017
- Yuan H., Li S., Ho A.T.S., Palmer P., Lloyd A., and Head G., "Forensic Vehicle Convoy Analysis Using ANPR Data," poster presented at DFRWS EU 2016, 29-31 March 2016, Lausanne, Switzerland.
- Frohlich D.M, Armstrong T., Calic J., Yuan H., Knights T., Debrulais S., “Com-Note: Designing a composer's notebook for collaborative music composition,” Digital Research in the Humanities and Arts Conference 2014 (published in 2015).
- Yuan H., Calic J., Kondoz A., “Quality of interaction experience in stereoscopic 3DTV," International Conference on Imaging Processing (ICIP) 2014, Special Session: Quality of Experience in 3D Multimedia Systems.
- Yuan H., Calic J., Kondoz A., "Facilitating interaction with stereoscopic 3D display devices," 3DTV-Conference: The True Vision - Capture, Transmission and Display of 3D Video (3DTV-CON), pp. 1-4, 2014
- Glorney E., Wells K., Yuan H., Hilton A., Perkins D., “The development of a quantitative observation system for the early warning of violent behaviours within a secure environment”, International Society for Research on Aggression, XXIst World Meeting; Atlanta; 18th July 2014
- Yuan H., Calic J., Fernando A., Kondoz A.,“Impact of disparity error on user experience of interacting with stereoscopic 3D video content,” 2013 IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo (ICME) Hot3D Workshop
- Yuan H., Calic J., Fernando A., Kondoz, A.,“Investigation and Evaluation of Pointing Modalities for Interactive Stereoscopic 3D TV,” 2013 IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo (ICME), “Multimedia for humanity” track
- Yuan H., Calic J., Kondoz A., “Analysis of User Requirements in Interactive 3D Video Systems,” Advances in Human-Computer Interaction, vol. 2012, Article ID 343197, 11 pages, 2012
- Yuan H., Calic J., Fernando A., Kondoz A., “User Requirements Elicitation of Stereoscopic 3D Video Interaction,” 2012 IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo Workshops (ICMEW) pp.31-36, 9-13 July 2012
- Yuan H., Calic J., Kondoz A.,“Intuitive Interaction With Stereoscopic 3D Video Content,” Doctoral Consortium of the 26th Annual BCS Interaction Specialist Group Conference on People and Computers (BCS-HCI '12). British Computer Society, Swinton, UK, 2012.
- Yuan H., Calic J., Kondoz A.,“How do users select stereoscopic 3D content?,” 3DTV-Conference: The True Vision - Capture, Transmission and Display of 3D Video (3DTV-CON), 2012, pp. 1-4, 2012