Dr Lirong Liu is a Lecturer at the Centre for Environment and Sustainability, University of Surrey. She completed her PhD in environmental systems engineering at the University of Regina. She has multidisciplinary backgrounds in energy and environment, engineering management and industrial engineering. Lirong’s research interests are focused on low carbon energy technologies, environmental-energy-economic system analysis, and climate change mitigation and adaptation.
Lirong’s research focuses on development and application of interdisciplinary models in environmental-energy-economic systems for supporting sustainability.
Lirong’s research interest include:
- Climate Change Mitigation and Adaptation
- Renewable and Sustainable Energy
- Clean Technology
- Industrial Ecology
- Food-Water-Energy Nexus
- Policy Development
- Computable General Equilibrium Model Development and Application
- Input-Output/Supply Chain/Ecological Network/ Material Flow Analysis
- System Optimization/Partial Equilibrium Models
This research aims at developing a practical model to understand how fuel poverty could be minimised in the UK whilst simultaneously delivering upon net-zero targets for home heating.
- Start date: 1 November 2021
- End date: 30 April 2022.
This project will develop a rapid alternative cultivation system for dedicated bioenergy feedstocks.
- Start date: 1 August 2021
- End date: 31 January 2022.