Find out more about our research events.
- New Directions in Philosophy of Law
16-18 July 2019
- Legal Philosophy Workshop
23-24 May 2019
- 2nd Annual Surrey Workshop on Regulating AI: They Took Our White-Collar Jobs
21-22 March 2019
- Surrey Workshop on Law of Interpretation
14-15 June 2018
- Surrey Workshop on the Regulation of AI
14-15 March 2018
- Surrey Workshop on Recent Work in Law and Metaethics
16 December 2017
Regulation of artificial intelligence
In March 2019, we will be hosting a workshop on the impact of AI on the practice of law and white collar professions.
This is the second year the workshop has been rune. In 2018, the Surrey Centre for Law and Philosophy, in collaboration with the Centre of Digital Economy, hosted a lively conference at University of Surrey on the regulation of artificial intelligence. Experts from Surrey as well as a dozen other countries were present to discuss ideas for navigating the emerging challenges and opportunities created by this revolutionary technology.
- Prof. Ryan Abbott, 'The future of online mediation – AI mediators and AI evaluative tools' (EUIPO Intellectual Property Mediation Conference, Alicante, 30-31 May 2019).
- Dr Melissa Hamilton, 'Algorithmic Risk Tools in Sentencing Processes' (The Shape the Future of Sentencing Research – Innovation and Impact event in front of the UK Sentencing Council, hosted by the City Law School’s Centre for the Study of Legal Professional Practice, 7 November 2018).