Nuclear dynamics and reactions
We study the dynamics of nuclei and their reactions with a variety of probes so that we can understand them, predict their reaction rates and explain the results.
We do this by using state-of-the-art simulations of the time evolution of nuclear systems, and by developing innovative theoretical techniques describing nuclear reactions of interest for experiments, using many-body and few-body quantum mechanics, and semiclassical models.
- Nuclear structure; understanding the observed ground and excited state properties of nuclei
- Nuclear astrophysics; predicting reaction rates of relevance for different nuclear processes taking place in stars
- Nucleon transfer reactions; to explain and understand results obtained in world-leading experimental facilities
- Fission and fusion reactions; understanding the detailed reaction dynamics of these fundamental nuclear processes.
Get in contact
If you want to find out more about the research we are doing or have any queries, please get in touch with Dr Paul Stevenson:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: +44 (0)1483 686796.