The University of Surrey has been engaged in collaborative provision for more than 35 years, both nationally and internationally. The University is committed strategically to developing international partnerships to increase research, educational and knowledge transfer collaborations.
The processes for the approval and management of collaborative provision aim to:
- Be cognate with the strategic vision of the University
- Aid consistency in the operation of collaborative provision across all parts of the University
- Set out the University's responsibilities for collaborative arrangements in the maintenance of academic standards and assurance of the quality of the student experience in accordance with the UK Quality Code, Advice and Guidance: Partnerships
- Adopt a risk-based approach to approving and managing the various types of collaborative provision, with appropriate and proportionate due diligence.
In order to assist the approval process for collaborative provision, a collaborative grid (PDF) has been devised, which contains direct links to the required forms for each process. This grid can also be found within the code of practice for collaborative provision.
Process flowcharts have been devised, which illustrate the processes for low-, medium- and high-risk arrangements for both the UK and international. These can be found in the information section below.
View forms below (found in the collaborative grid (PDF)), along with useful documents such as the collaborative provision register for 2019/20 (PDF).
- Code of practice for collaborative provision (PDF)
- Collaborative Grid (PDF)
- Process Flow Chart for Low Risk Arrangements (UK and International) (PDF)
- Process Flow Chart for Medium and High Risk Arrangements (UK) (PDF)
- Process Flow Chart for Medium and High Risk Arrangements (International) (PDF)
- Strategic Statement on Collaborative Provision (see Appendix 1 of the Code of practice for collaborative provision)
- Taxonomy of Collaborative Provision (see Appendix 2 of the Code of practice for collaborative provision)
- Register of collaborative provision (PDF)
- Initial proposal form (docx)
- Risk assessment spreadsheet (docx)
- Progression approval form (docx)
- Approval form for UG/PGT programmes (Visiting student) (docx)
- Approval form for UG/PGT programmes (Medium and High risk) (docx)
- Approval form for PGR collaborative co-supervisors (docx)
- Approval form for PGR collaborative site (docx)
- Approval form for PGR dual / double degrees (docx)
- Curriculum mapping template (xlsx)
- Site visit form (docx)
- Fee reduction form (docx)
- Financial schedule for PGR collaboration (docx)
- Financial due diligence (Low risk) (docx)
- Financial due diligence (Medium and High risk) (docx)
- Due diligence (UK agreements only) (docx)
- Due diligence (international agreements only) (docx)
- Agreement renewal form (docx)