In Academic Quality Services we work closely with the Doctoral College and International Engagement Office to manage the collaborative provision approval and renewal processes at the University of Surrey. We define collaborative provision as all learning opportunities leading or contributing to the award of academic credit or qualification that are delivered, assessed or supported through an arrangement with one or more organisations other than the degree-awarding body.
- Be cognate with the strategic vision of the University
- Aid consistency in the operation of collaborative provision across all parts of the University
- Set out the University's responsibilities for collaborative arrangements in the maintenance of academic standards and assurance of the quality of the student experience in accordance with the UK Quality Code, Advice and Guidance: Partnerships
- Adopt a risk-based approach to approving and managing the various types of collaborative provision, with appropriate and proportionate due diligence.
The Code of Practice for collaborative provision sets out the arrangements governing collaborative provision at the University of Surrey using a risk-based approach so that arrangements for collaborative provision are implemented securely and managed effectively.
Within the code of practice you will be able to access:
- A process flow chart for the approval process of new collaborative proposals
- A table of collaborative taxonomy and key characteristics for each type of activity
- A collaborative grid listing:
- Each type of collaborative activity the University of Surrey offers
- The risk associated with each type of activity
- The templates (available below) that need to be completed for each type
- The approval route each type must take to complete the approval process.
- Initial proposal form part A (docx)
- Initial proposal form part B (docx)
- Due diligence template (UK) (docx)
- Due diligence template (International) (docx)
- Risk assessment template (under review)
- Curriculum mapping template (xlsx)
- Fee reduction form (docx)
- Site visit template (docx)
- Renewal/termination form (docx).