Applied Research Collaboration Kent, Surrey, and Sussex (ARC KSS) at the University of Surrey
The National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) is the nation's largest funder of applied health and social care research and provides the people, facilities and technology that enables research to thrive.
Applied Research Collaborations (ARCs) support applied health and social care research that responds to, and meets, the needs of local populations and local health and care systems.
About ARC KSS
The NIHR ARC Kent, Surrey and Sussex is one of 15 ARCs across England, part of a £135 million investment by the NIHR to improve the health and care of patients, service users and the public.
ARC KSS research themes:
- Social care: Person-centred, community-based social care.
- Starting well: Early detection of and intervention for mental health problems in children and young people.
- Primary and community services: Sustainable and integrated care focusing on people with chronic conditions and marginalised groups.
- Ageing well: living well with dementia: Translating research to better care to help people to live well with dementia.
- Public health: Improving health and reducing need among older patients with multiple conditions and younger people at time of transition.
- Co-production: Involving and working with patients and the public to produce relevant research.
- Digital innovation: Harnessing digital technology to help create a sustainable health and social care system.
- Health and social care economics: Using best practice to efficiently fund health and social care services of benefit to patients, service users and providers.
- Implementation: Supporting the translation and implementation of research evidence into practice.
Our research projects
- Individual Development Awards: Anna Cox, School of Health Sciences
- Towards Changing Practice award: Virtual consultations in people with learning disabilities: Freda Mold (PI), Jo Armes, Debbie Cooke, Harm vam Marwijk.
- PhD research- three PhD students have started.
Our research grants and awards
Meet the team
Professor Monique Raats
Lead ARC KSS at Surrey