Find a course
Find out more about applying to Surrey.
Based on the evidence available, the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) Panel judged that the University of Surrey delivers consistently outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for its students. It is of the highest quality found in the UK.
What our students say
Read our student profiles to discover first-hand what it's like to study with us.
You have the opportunity to acquire international experience as part of your studies, by taking advantage of exchange agreements with our partner universities.
Locations of our partner universities include France, Germany and Spain.
Facilities and software
You’ll benefit from excellent facilities, including specialist software to support corpus-based analysis, subtitling, computer-assisted translation and terminography and audio-description. We’re also home to state-of-the-art interpreting facilities with integrated videoconferencing.
Why study with us?
Highly customisable courses
- You can choose from a range of optional modules
- You can customise your learning for your chosen career
Language-pair specific practice
- We combine translation with technical, business and financial texts
- We also conduct consecutive and dialogue interpreting
- We encourage the development of communication, project management and business skills
- Our courses help prepare you for your chosen profession
- We regularly invite experienced professional translators and interpreters to give talks and contribute to modules
- We develop our courses with industry leaders to ensure they are relevant
- Our internships enable you to collaborate with language service providers throughout the year
- Opportunity to create a professional engagement portfolio for potential employers
- Recent graduates have gone on to work as translators, interpreters and project managers
Scholarships and bursaries
Discover how we may be able to support your studies with a host of bursaries and scholarships directly from the University of Surrey and external providers.