To perform these studies, we make use of a variety of innovative experimental techniques at both world-leading stable and radioactive ion beam facilities. Our experimental expertise involves the use of charged-particle and gamma-ray spectroscopy as well as the use of magnetic spectrometers and separators.
- Nuclear reactions affecting the emission of cosmic gamma rays
- Direct measurements of radiative capture reactions
- Exotic nuclei for understanding nuclei synthesis in explosive binary systems
- Single particle transfer reactions around the Islands of Inversion
- Exploring exotic nuclear shapes and shape coexistence.
Get in contact
If you want to find out more about the research we are doing or just have a general query, then please get in touch with Dr Daniel Doherty:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: +44 (0)1483 686802
In the latest Research Excellence Framework (REF 2014) 84 per cent of our research was rated as world-leading or internationally excellent in the Physics category.