Working whilst studying

Most students are able to undertake a small amount of part-time employment during term time to offset day to day expenses (subject to visa requirements).

Finding a job

The University can help support you find work through the Employability and Careers service as well as the Unitemps employment agency.

International students

As an international student there are restrictions on the number of hours you are allowed to work, as outlined by the UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA):


If you have not worked before and wish to build up experience, ask our Employability and Careers service about volunteering.

The University of Surrey Students' Union also offers several volunteering opportunities including both internally and also externally, working within the local community.