Emerging electronic devices and circuits
Read about our emerging electronic devices and circuits research.
Multiphysics modelling of semiconductor devices
TCAD modelling of advanced semiconductor devices is a core research area.
Thin-film transistors, photovoltaics and detectros are modelled and optimized using a variety of commercial packages, capturing simultaneously electrical, thermal, mechanical and optical behaviour.
- Bestelink E., De Sagazan O., Motte E., Bateson M., Schultes B., Silva SR., Sporea R. A. (2020) Versatile Thin‐Film Transistor with Independent Control of Charge Injection and Transport for Mixed Signal and Analog Computation
- Drury R., Bestelink E., Sporea R.A. (2019) Simulation study of overlap capacitance in source-gated transistors for current-mode pixel drivers
- Bestelink E., Landers T., Sporea R. A. (2019) Turn-off mechanisms in thin-film source-gated transistors with applications to power devices and rectification, Applied Physics Letters 114 (18) pp. 182103-1 AIP Publishing
- Sporea Radu A., Wheeler Luke J., Stolojan Vlad, Silva S. Ravi P. (2018) Towards manufacturing high uniformity polysilicon circuits through TFT contact barrier engineering, Scientific Reports Nature Research
- Sporea RA, Overy M, Shannon JM, Silva SRP. (2015) 'Temperature dependence of the current in Schottky-barrier source-gated transistors'. Journal of Applied Physics, 117 (18).
- Sporea RA, Trainor MJ, Young ND, Shannon JM, Silva SR. (2014) 'Source-gated transistors for order-of-magnitude performance improvements in thin-film digital circuits.'. Sci Rep, England: 4.
We use mixed-mode (TCAD and SPICE) numerical simulations to study the behaviour of electronic circuits which include advanced devices for which compact models have not yet been developed.
- Eva Bestelink, Luca Maiolo, Francesco Maita, S. Ravi P. Silva, Radu A. Sporea, "49dB depletion-load amplifiers with polysilicon source-gated transistors", ESSDERC 2019.
- Sporea RA, Burridge T, Silva SRP. (2015) 'Self-Heating Effects In Polysilicon Source Gated Transistors'. NATURE PUBLISHING GROUP SCIENTIFIC REPORTS, 5 Article number ARTN 14058.
Get in contact
If you're interesting in learning more about our research in this area then please email Dr Radu Sporea.