My research project
A “true” challenge for full realisation of human rights? Feminist perspective on the approach towards gender stereotyping presented by the Council of Europe
Researching international human rights and gender stereotypes using intersectional feminist lens. My project aims at examining how gender stereotypes are problematized in the work of the Council of Europe. The research is positioned in the broader context of human rights and their role in elimination of harmful gender stereotyping.
Obtained the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences Scholarship.
Estimated date of completion: September 2020.
University roles and responsibilities
- Organised an interdisciplinary intersectional feminist research retreat “Feminist Futures” for staff and students of the University
- Organising Committee for the Doctoral College Conference 2019
- Member of the Athena Swan Self-Assessment Team (PGR representative)
- Women’s Rights Centre of Wroclaw - Campaigns and Communication Officer (2011-2020)
- European Women’s Lobby - Membership & Governance Assistant (Aug 2016-Feb 2017)
- European Commission Regional Representation in Wrocław - Information and Media Department (Jun 2016)
In the media
Gender stereotyping, Human rights, Feminism, Discrimination, Diversity, Gender Equality, Intersectionality
- “Gender stereotypes vs. culture” – the ratification of the Istanbul Convention in Poland, UACES 2019 Conference, Lisbon and ECPG 2019 Conference, Amsterdam
- (Stereo)typical roles – a feminist perspective on the role of law in eradication of harmful gender stereotypes, Law and Society Association Annual Conference, 2019, DC
- ‘Roots of the current gender discourse in Poland. Process of the ratification of the Istanbul Convention’, Impacts of Gender Discourse on Polish Politics, Society & Culture Comparative Perspectives, 2018, UCL
- ‘Between stereotypes and Human Rights’, Towards Gender Equality: Clashes in Law Conference, 2018, University of Sussex
- ‘Gender stereotyping represented in the work of the Council of Europe, Doctoral College Conference, 2018, University of Surrey
Seminar Leader - Evolution of an Integrated Europe (2019)
Accredited Fellow of the Higher Education Academy after completing the Graduate Certificate in Learning and Teaching (2019)
(The issue of gender stereotypes in the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women)