Veterinary medicine and science
Animals are a part of all our lives, in ways great and small. The science of animal health and disease, and its link with human health, is at the heart of many issues in the world today and has a global social and economic impact.
By joining us at Surrey:
- You can train to become a qualified vet on our veterinary medicine and science course, which has been designed in collaboration with our partnership of veterinary practices and scientific research institutes
- You’ll have access to our multi-million pound facilities, including our Veterinary Clinical Skills Centre, Veterinary Pathology Centre and Innovation for Health Learning Laboratory
- You’ll learn from lecturers who are registered veterinary practitioners or bioscientists, who bring their experience into the classroom
- You'll have great graduate prospects - 96 per cent of our undergraduates and 100 per cent of our postgraduates are in employment or further study (Graduate Outcomes survey 2022, HESA)
- You’ll be able to study on courses highly ranked in the UK:
- 3rd by the Complete University Guide 2023
- 4th for animal science and 6th for veterinary medicine in The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2023
- 5th for veterinary medicine and 7th for animal science in the National Student Survey 2022
- 8th by the Guardian University Guide 2023.
Wonderful things happen here
On our courses, you’ll study a hands-on curriculum, access our state-of-the-art facilities, gain clinical or industry experience, learn from a wealth of experts and enhance your employability.
Students and graduates
Change your perspective
Seeing things differently is the essence of what we do. We see things not only as they are but as they could be.