All staff have the opportunity to get involved with sustainability at the University.
All staff members are provided with training, resources and access to events to enrich their understanding of sustainability:
- Staff induction training includes information on the University's sustainability policies and provides resources to support learning and understanding of sustainability.
- Our online 'Introduction to Sustainability' mini-module enhances learning taken from staff inductions, and provides an opportunity to further develop knowledge.
- Research events and opportunities from the Institute of Sustainability allow all members from across the University to share their ideas and sustainable research.
The University not only supports staff to understand sustainability, but also empowers them to take climate action:
- From October 2023, staff will be able to get involved with Green Impact & LEAF - programmes that will provide departments with a structure to work towards more sustainable practices. To find out how to get involved, sign up to our emails.
- Staff have the opportunity to feedback on sustainable progress at the University through Environment and Sustainability Steering Group meetings, and termly Sustainability Forums.
- Various staff-led groups have been set up across the University to tackle sustainable issues: ranging from gender equality to improving biodiversity on site for hedgehogs and local wildlife.