Our research themes provide focus to a variety of topics and align them to have both local and international vision.
Our research is multidisciplinary and covers a wide range of topics. We work on challenging areas in close collaboration with colleagues across the University and relevant industries.
- Business analytics, business optimisation and economics
- Data-driven management
- Operations, logistics and business process management
- Lean thinking and agile manufacturing
- Digital transformation
- Personal data economy
- Digital platforms and ecosystems
- Open data and big data
Finance and accounting
- International expansion
- Empirical behavioural finance
- Risk taking by financial institutions
- Bank market power and firm performance
Marketing and retail management
- Retail marketing and distribution management
- Service marketing and management
- Consumer and shopper behaviour
People and organisations
- Leadership and team processes
- Organisational and human resource management assessment
- Quality of working life
Strategy and entrepreneurship
- Mobile working and new working practices
- Wellbeing and the work-life interface
- Social enterprise
- Business incubation
Find out more about the centres that conduct research in our multidisciplinary themes.
Find out more about the departments that conduct research in our multidisciplinary themes.