We are investing in pioneering research because we are dedicated to improving business practice and creating a sustainable and positive change.
By blending the rigour of high quality impactful research and the strengths of a technology-led university, we are delivering solutions which are relevant in these rapidly changing times.
New solutions are born out of new thinking and our research team are never afraid to try, test and learn. We value an original perspective that goes beyond the every-day.
The USBEE Lab
The University of Surrey Business and Economics Experiments (USBEE) Laboratory aims to facilitate world-class experimental research in business and economics by connecting University of Surrey staff to research volunteers using its online subject pool management system, growing the pool of research volunteers and promoting the development of a vibrant research community
Our research is multidisciplinary and covers a wide range of topics.
- Business analytics, business optimisation and economics
- Data-driven management
- Operations, logistics and business process management
- Lean thinking and agile manufacturing
- Digital transformation
- Personal data economy
- Digital platforms and ecosystems
- Open data and big data
- International expansion
- Empirical behavioural finance
- Risk taking by financial institutions
- Bank market power and firm performance
- Retail marketing and distribution management
- Service marketing and management
- Consumer and shopper behaviour
- Leadership and team processes
- Organisational and human resource management assessment
- Quality of working life
- Nonmarket strategy and corporate political activity
- Social enterprise
- Foreign market entry
- Foreign direct investment (FDI).
We have a well established reputation for research excellence, demonstrated by our publications, which is continually informing our teaching as well as evolving our approaches to present and future business challenges.