We are widely recognised for our field-defining and conceptually driven empirical research and its pioneering quantitative and qualitative methods work. We are known for our applied approach to sociology and our sociological policy focus is reflected in the ways we work in partnership with a range of private, public and third-sector organisations.
Over three quarters of our research output of the Department was categorised as internationally excellent in the Research Excellence Framework 2014.
Latest research news
14 APR 2021
New academic study highlights 100 per cent rise in nation-state attacks in the last three years
We are currently working with a host of organisations, including:
- The Ministry of Justice
- The Home Office
- The Environment Agency
- The Department of Energy and Climate Change
- The Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs
- The Police Dependents’ Trust.
- The Institute of Health Visiting
- The National Childbirth Trust