As the UK's newest School of Veterinary Medicine, we are creating a vet school that is different. Whilst embracing the traditional values of professionalism, scientific curiosity and clinical excellence, we are also developing a school with broad horizons.
Find an academic
Our extensive network of partners in clinical practice, industry and research opens up unique learning opportunities for our students and for industry-relevant research. Our global outlook ensures an international perspective on all aspects of veterinary science.
We recognise that veterinary scientists have important roles to play in addressing some of the major challenges that the world faces. Our graduates will be well prepared to meet both present and future challenges of our ever-changing world.
Professor Chris Proudman, Head of School of Veterinary Medicine
Learn more about us
To educate confident and compassionate veterinarians committed to animal welfare, who through clinical and scientific excellence contribute significantly to society with professionalism and integrity.
We will deliver world-leading, multi-disciplinary, translational research and innovative education through local and global partnerships to benefit veterinary and human medicine.
Our mission is to inspire and educate veterinary professionals who will advance veterinary medicine to meet the needs of a changing world.
- Innovation: We are focused on an innovative approach to education and translational, multi-disciplinary research aimed at the prevention and treatment of disease in animals and humans.
- Collaboration: Through local, national and international collaborations we promote the generation and sharing of knowledge amongst scientific communities, the veterinary profession and the animal-owning public.
- Passion: We are passionate leaders and role models dedicating our professional lives with confidence, compassion and empathy to the protection of animal health and welfare and the promotion of public health.
- Openness: We are open and honest advocates for all animals, respectful of our fellow professionals and dedicated to upholding the reputation of the veterinary profession in all our actions and communications.
- Curiosity: As enquiring, creative educators and researchers who value student-focused education, we instil professional curiosity and a passion for life-long learning.
We aim to engage our students in their learning to become independent and life long learners. Problem based learning and research activities are used to develop critical thinking and team skills early in the programme.
Clinical skills suites for both large and small animals will allow early development of technical skills before exposure to real world settings by the distributed model. Our students will be more practice ready having trained in practice settings.
The Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS) quality assures UK veterinary degrees to make sure that new veterinary surgeons are fit to practise on graduation, and join the RCVS Register. Only those individuals registered with the RCVS can call themselves veterinary surgeons and, with a few exceptions, practise veterinary surgery in the UK.
We are liaising with the RCVS to ensure that our veterinary medicine & science course meets the standards required for the RCVS to recommend that a Recognition Order is made in 2019. Read more about RCVS Approval.
If you have any queries about this, please email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1483 686 750.