There are thousands of web sites and other resources of relevance to nursing ethics so this is a small selection. Suggestions for new links are always welcome!
Newsfeeds about nursing ethics and healthcare ethics
- Automated newsfeeds from Nursing Times.net - Visit for up to date news items, analysis and nursing practice.
- Automated newsfeeds from NSW Health - This website provides up to date information on developments in health law and ethics from Australia and around the world.
Resources on nursing ethics and healthcare ethics
- International Council for Nurses code of ethics - for the latest revised 2012 version of the registered nurse (RN) code of ethics.
- Nursing Ethics Facebook page - Readers around the globe may be interested in signing up as a friend of Nursing Ethics and submit their views and comments on a broad scope of issues pertaining to healthcare ethics.
- Top 25 nursing ethics blogs - ICE Observatory is listed as one of the top 25 nursing ethics blogs. Follow this link for more information on other blogs.
- Nursing and Midwifery Council, United Kingdom - The Nursing and Midwifery Council of the United Kingdom has published a revised Code which places public expectations at the heart of good nursing and midwifery practice. The revised code builds on the content of the current version, which was published in 2008. The Code has been written with the input of many patients, carers, nurses and midwives. It is shaped around four statements, which state that good nurses and midwives will prioritise people, practice effectively, preserve safety and promote professionalism and trust.
- Hastings Center - This website offers news, information and resources relating to fundamental ethical issues in the areas of health, medicine and environment that affect individuals, communities and societies.
- BioEdge is edited by Michael Cook who is based in Melbourne, Australia, and provides regular updates and news regarding bioethics around the world.
- International Center for Health, Law and Ethics - The International Center for Health, Law and Ethics promotes academic research and educational activities globally in fields like health law and bioethics.
- Global Health Ethics - The Global Health Ethics website offers a virtual space for dialogue on shared ethical concerns and support on unique ethical dilemmas. This website is available in several languages.
- Global Ethics Observatory - The Global Ethics Observatory (GEObs) is a system of databases covering a range of areas in bioethics and applied ethics in science and technology, such as environmental ethics, science ethics and technology ethics. This website is available in six different languages via the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) platform.
- Amnesty International Health and Human Rights - This web-site offers news, information and resources relating to health and human rights. Readers can sign up for the fortnightly electronic bulletin for health professionals and access links to related web-sites.
- International Bioethics Committee - The International Bioethics Committee (IBC) is a body of 36 independent experts that follows progress in the life sciences and its applications in order to ensure respect for human dignity and freedom. It was created in 1993. Follow this link for more information on the work of this committee.
- Center for Ethics and Human Rights of the American Nurses Association - The Center is committed to addressing the complex ethical and human rights issues confronting nurses and designing activities and programmes to increase the ethical competence and human rights sensitivity of nurses. Through the center, American Nurses Association's (ANA) abiding commitment to the human rights dimensions of healthcare is demonstrated.
- Johns Hopkins Berman Institute of Bioethics - The Johns Hopkins Berman Institute of Bioethics promotes academic research and educational activities globally in the field of bioethics and aims at engaging students, trainees, the public and policy-makers in serious discourse about related issues. The bulletin website offers news, information and resources relating to bioethics