What we are researching
Our vision is to be a world-class centre for healthcare research where dynamic academics conduct ground-breaking research that is valued by health professionals and society, addresses global health care priorities and generates evidence to underpin effective, compassionate and integrated health care.
If you are interested in doing a PhD with us, please look at the interests of our School's research themes and clusters and get in contact with an academic.
Our research is informed by recognised leadership in three cross-cutting themes:
First class facilities
The School of Health Sciences moved to a new premises on the Surrey Manor Park campus in April 2019.
The new building features:
- Flexible and technologically enabled teaching/study space
- A large active learning space (180 capacity)
- A new simulation centre – consisting of two large wards, an operating theatre, a community flat and ambulance bay
- Self-directed learning lab – a dedicated space for students to learn and practice essential clinical skills
- Virtual environment – two rooms equipped with wall-to-wall immersive projector systems
- Large student study spaces and computer facilities
- A coffee shop and large seated social space in the atrium.
What our students say
Read our student profiles to discover first-hand what it's like to study with us.
Trailblazing study that uses artificial intelligence to support people with dementia scoops prestigious healthcare award