What we are researching
If you are interested in doing a PhD with us, please look at the interests of our School's research themes and clusters and get in contact with an academic.
Integrated Clinical Academic programme (ICAP) internship
We are delighted to announce that we have been awarded funding from Health Education England (HEE) to run the Integrated Clinical Academic Programme (ICAP) for 2020-21.
First class facilities
The School of Health Sciences moved to a new premises on the Surrey Manor Park campus in April 2019.
The new building features:
- Flexible and technologically enabled teaching/study space
- A large active learning space (180 capacity)
- A new simulation centre – consisting of two large wards, an operating theatre, a community flat and ambulance bay
- Self-directed learning lab – a dedicated space for students to learn and practice essential clinical skills
- Virtual environment – two rooms equipped with wall-to-wall immersive projector systems
- Large student study spaces and computer facilities
- A coffee shop and large seated social space in the atrium.
In the School of Health Sciences we offer PhD scholarships as part of the Centre for Research in Nursing and Midwifery Education. These are advertised each year, and support students undertaking educational research in healthcare areas.
Developing Patient Reported Outcome Measures to assist services to meet the priorities of older people with severe frailty; using mixed methods - The PRO-Frail study
Funding information:Full tuition fee waiver £15,285 per annum stipend £1,000 per annum Research Training Support Grant
Development of an Acceptance and Commitment Therapy-informed tool to help nurses discuss weight management with people with a diagnosis of serious mental illness.
Funding information:Full-time Tuition Fees at the Home rate Stipend £15,009 p.a. Training support grant £500 p.a. Consumables grant £1,000 p.a.
The Doctoral College supports the academic and professional development of postgraduate researchers to ensure our world-leading research continues to grow. There is also an extensive Researcher Development Programme run at university level.
What our students say
Read our student profiles to discover first-hand what it's like to study with us.