Centre for Environmental Health and Engineering
Our Centre is a designated World Health Organization (WHO) Collaborating Centre for the protection of water quality and health.
We provide support to international governments through international agencies such as WHO, Pan American Health Organisation (PAHO) and relief organisations such as Oxfam, UNICEF and Medicins Sans Frontier (MSF).
We are a multidisciplinary research centre with international expertise which undertakes research activities and services that address today’s environmental and public health global challenges. Projects cover the entire water, wastewater, pollution cycle and encompass topics such as:
- Water resources surveillance
- Modelling and management
- Advanced water and wastewater treatment
- Resource recovery
- Pollution control and waste management
- Water quality and public health
- Risk assessment and management.
Prizes we've won
Head of Centre
- Professor Jeni Colbourne MBE, Chief Drinking Water Inspector, DWI
- Professor Matthias Maier, Stadtwerke Karlsruhe
- Professor Paul Sherlock, (formerly of Oxfam and Coordinator of Water and Sanitation Emergencies, UNICEF)