Water Environment and Health Engineering Group
We have a research capability in developing, implementing and managing innovative solutions and interventions for the protection of the environment and public health.
We are a diverse multidisciplinary research group with background expertise in civil engineering, chemical engineering, chemistry, microbiology, virology, zoology, public health and mathematics.
- Advanced water and wastewater treatment and resource recovery/reuse (water- energy-materials)
- Fate and behaviour of contaminants-including emerging ones- in the environment
- Water, sanitation and public health (WASH) in the developing world
- Recreational water quality; risk assessment and management
- Remote sensing, catchment surveillance, water resources management, risks and extreme weather in the context of climate change and resilience
- Urban pollution and health in cities and megacities.
Centre for Environmental Health and Engineering
We collaborate with the Centre on various research such as risk assessment and management, wastewater treatment and water, sanitation and public health.
Queen's Anniversary Prize
We were joint winners of the 2011 Queen's Anniversary Prize for wide-ranging and global work improving access to safe drinking water and sanitation.
Head of the Group
Postgraduate research students
Click on our student profiles below to read all about their research projects.