We challenge our students to become innovative, forward-thinking individuals who are leaders in their fields. Our courses are ranked:
- 2nd for French in The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2020
- Top three for Iberian languages in the The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2020
- Top 10 for creative writing in the Complete University Guide 2020
- Top 10 for modern languages and linguistics in the Guardian University Guide 2020
- Top 10 for creative writing in The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2020.
Based on the evidence available, the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) Panel judged that the University of Surrey delivers consistently outstanding teaching, learning and outcomes for its students. It is of the highest quality found in the UK.
What our students say
Read our student profiles to discover first-hand what it's like to study with us.
"During my Professional Training placement, I was offered the opportunity to interview members of the public at the Wimbledon Tennis Championships, about the 25-year partnership between IBM and Wimbledon, and was selected to ghost-write a blog for an IBM executive."HANNAH ROBERTS-OWEN, BA (HONS) ENGLISH LITERATURE
Learn more about student life at Surrey, ranked top 10 in The Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey 2018.