Frequently asked questions
Read through our frequently asked questions.
Invitation and eligibility
- How will I receive an invitation?
- Am I eligible?
- What happens if I am not eligible to graduate?
- What should I do if I have an outstanding debt to the University?
- When are graduations taking place?
- When can I book tickets/wristbands?
- When will I know if I can purchase additional tickets/wristbands for the April ceremonies?
- When will I know if I can purchase additional tickets/wristbands for the July ceremonies?
- Will tickets/wristbands be sold on the day?
- Can I come and collect my tickets/wristbands sooner than the day of the ceremony?
- Can I come and collect my tickets/wristbands on the day?
- Can I give my spare ticket/wristband to my friend if they didn't get enough for all of their friends and family?
- Can I buy a ticket/wristband for the reception only if the ceremony is full? If so, how much will this be?
- How do I find out how many tickets/wristbands I ordered?
- I want to change my booking - i.e. I want to add more guest tickets/wristbands.
- How do I change the address to where the tickets/wristbands need to be sent to?
- What do I do if I have lost my tickets/wristbands?
Unable to attend
- How do I go about getting a refund on my tickets / wristbands?
- What should I do if I can no longer attend graduation?
- If I cannot attend my graduation can I defer to next year's ceremony instead?
Booking your graduation place
- How do I book my attendance?
- I can't log in: it says login invalid or I have been to the booking website but I am unable to book.
- The ticket booking site page won't progress so I can't save my changes. What do I do?
- Do I need to wear academic dress?
- What should I wear with my gown?
- How do I hire or buy my robe?
- What information will the gown hire company need?
- Where should I collect my robes from on the day?
- I have not ordered my robes in advance, what should I do?
- When should I return my robe?
- What colour is my gown/hood?
On the day
After you graduate
I need a transcript what do I do?
Transcripts are no longer issued by the University. All students, with the exception of PGR students, can access this information on HEAR.
I am not attending my graduation, what do I do?
Please email email@example.com to request this. Please ensure you provide your student number, full name and degree programme in your e-mail.
You must also state whether you wish to collect your certificate or have it posted. If you wish your certificate to be collected by someone on your behalf, please state who that person will be and when they will collect it. If you would like the certificate posted, please provide your full postal address in your email. The University offers a courier service, which you can pay for at the online store.
How and when will I get my certificate and final exit paperwork sent to me? Who do I contact about this?
All graduating students, with the exception of postgraduate research students, are issued with a final HEAR, which replaces a transcript. Students can access this information on HEAR.
Postgraduate research students will be able to collect or request postage of their award certificate 14 days after the award date. For further information please go to certificates and transcripts.