Intelligent and high-performance networking and service delivery
This research addresses future networking, network management and service delivery. This includes high performance and flexible network technologies, and intelligent network, content, and service management and operation based on context information derived from across the ecosystem.
This work focuses on the creation of advanced network intelligence derived from context information associated with specific players in the 5G (and beyond) ecosystem, including end users, user equipment, content objects and network devices. The work area also addresses technical challenges related to network flexibility and high-performance aspects, including the design of novel network architectures, protocols and automated management aspect of computing, communication and data/content storage resources for achieving assured end-to-end service performances.
The key technical scope of this research includes:
- Enabling networking technologies for 5G, including SDN, NFV and Edge computing
- Convergence of heterogeneous network infrastructures including 5G and beyond, fixed Internet and satellite networks
- Context-aware network control including artificial intelligence and machine learning based approaches
- Innovations on 5G network architecture and supporting protocols, such as control plane signalling efficiency and user plane performance enhancements
- Network slicing (NS) and service function chaining (SFC) in 5G
- 5G-oriented content and data delivery services with QoE/QoS assurances
- Business aspects of 5G ecosystems.
Get in contact
If you are interested in this research or have a query then please contact the project lead, Professor Ning Wang:
- Tel: +44 (0)1483 686005
- Email: email@example.com.
Take a look at the other research areas we are working on here.