Evidencing Your Practice
- Start date:
- 15 May 2023
- Attendance dates:
15 May 2023
10 July 2023
- Distance learning
- Contact details:
- Post-registration Administration team
- Tel: +44 (0)1483 683576
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Module code
This module aims to:
- Enable you to demonstrate advancement of your knowledge, skills and understanding in relation to the relevant underpinning evidence base within your area of practice.
- Explore opportunities to enhance care delivery utilising the evidence base.
- Support you to empower and support the development of healthcare workers.
- Facilitate the development of critical thinking and an enquiring mind.
On successful completion of this module, you will be able to:
- Critically analyse, synthesis and evaluate the evidence base informing healthcare and advanced practice.
- Demonstrate an empowering a supportive approach to healthcare.
- Critically reflect on your personal and professional development as an advanced practitioner.
- Demonstrate the achievement of advancing your practice linked to the four pillars of advanced clinical practice.
Indicative module content includes:
- E-learning materials to assist you to evidence your practice
- Assessing the evidence base for practice
- Leading advanced practice
- Role of the specialist/autonomous practitioner
- Law and ethics and specialist practice.
Learning and teaching methods
Delivery of module
This an online, e-learning module accessible via the University Surrey Learn platform.
Access points for group work and submissions will be online only.
The dates are suggested for online discussion forums and tutor contact only.
The portfolio will comprise of two elements:
- A self-assessment and development document within the portfolio (pass/fail)
- Four x 750 word analysis of the Pillars of Advanced Practice.
Take a look at the module reading list.
- Current registration with the relevant professional/regulatory body HCPC/NMC or similar
- An undergraduate Honours degree or equivalent
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- A commitment to distance learning.
Fees and funding
How to apply
Please download and fill in an application form.
- Applications close on 25 April, or earlier if we reach a maximum number of applicants. If we still have spaces on the course, we may extend the application deadline date.
- It is important to ensure that you complete all sections and answer all questions, incomplete forms will cause a delay and may result in you missing out on an available place.
- If you are registered on a Continuing Professional Development (CPD) course then you will need to complete an application form for each CPD module you wish to apply for.
Send your completed application to email@example.com.
Terms and conditions
When you accept an offer of a place at the University of Surrey, you are agreeing to comply with our policies and regulations and our terms and conditions. You are also confirming you have read and understood the University's prospective student privacy notice.
If your sponsoring healthcare provider is funding you for this module, by submitting an application you agree to allow all information regarding your module (for example your exam results) to be shared with the sponsoring provider.
If you withdraw less than seven days before the module commences or do not attend on the first day (without informing the module administrator) the full cost of the module will be charged. Withdrawals after the module commences will also be charged.
Places are confirmed approximately one month before the module start date. Please note that modules may be subject to teaching availability, student demand and/or class size caps.
Modules listed are indicative, reflecting the information available at the time of publication. The University of Surrey has used its reasonable efforts to ensure that the information is accurate at the time of publishing, but changes (for example to module content) may occur given the interval between publishing and commencement of the module. It is therefore very important to check this website for any updates before you apply for a module with us. Read the full disclaimer.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +44 (0)1483 683576
University of Surrey
Surrey GU2 7XH