Surrey's Executive MBA is a transformational experience, both personally and professionally. It has been specifically designed to help you balance a demanding career and personal commitments with a 24-month period of intensive study and professional development.
You will put theory to the test and skills into practice as you learn alongside your career with other students from a wide range of business backgrounds and sectors.
Programme delivered at a specialist conference centre near Guildford. Students also have access to University of Surrey campus facilities.
Saturday to Sunday, 17 weekends per year
- Core management subjects
- Specialisms in decision-making and insight, leadership, entrepreneurship and innovation and the digital economy. We benefit from Surrey Business School's Centre for the Digital Economy (CoDE)
- Optional modules, so you can tailor the MBA to suit your needs
- Optional Surrey International MBA Study Tour
- The Surrey Connect mentorship scheme
- An opportunity to take part in connected business projects with our partner organisations, building hands-on experience
- Final Integrative Applied Project
- Professional development workshops
- One-to-one personalised careers coaching and personal profile development
- Co-teaching, where we bring industry practitioners into the classroom.
The Executive MBA is spread over three stages, with a weekend induction and a focus on working in small teams alongside individual learning:
- Core modules
Full-time and Executive MBA students study the same core modules, with their delivery and assessment tailored for each programme
- Elective modules
Students will select two elective modules
- Integrative applied project
The project can take three forms: business plan, consultancy report or dissertation.
From our innovative modules that address the pressing issues of the modern business world, to our careers session and workshops, our holistic and integrated course provides students with a valuable, transferable and highly employable set of skills.
See a full breakdown of modules.
Surrey International MBA Study Tour (optional)
The optional Surrey International MBA Study Tour provides the opportunity to travel to a selected international destination and be immersed in another culture, in order to develop a deeper global business mind set. You will have access to company visits and lecture sessions delivered by top international academics, offering exclusive industry insights from an international perspective; as well as cultural days to explore the country’s top attractions and landmarks.
Please note: there is an additional cost for the Surrey International MBA Study Tour separate from the main course fee.
Recent study tour: China, Beijing - July 2018
Company visits included:
- Microsoft Inc
- Intel Inc.
- Entrepreneurship and investments
- Chinese brand marketing
- Consumer behaviour in China
- Strategic management of corporations of the internet era in China.
"Visiting Baidu, China’s internet giant, was one of my favourite trips on the study tour. It was a unique insight into the Chinese internet industry and the innovation surrounding the current capabilities of AI."Vaishali Desai, Executive MBA - class of 2018