In general I am interested in using ideas from physics to spark new ideas in mathematics, especially geometry.
- Moduli space of conformal field theories, especially those with supersymmetry and related to string theory;
- Solutions of low-energy supergravity;
- Conformal field theories (especially those in 2d);
- Dualities in string and field theory;
- Mirror symmetry and moduli spaces
For more details, see my personal webpage http://personal.maths.surrey.ac.uk/st/jm0038/.
I teach the following modules:
- MAT1036 Classical Dynamics
- MATM035 Representation Theory
In the past I have taught courses on Quantum Mechanics and Sigma models and Mirror symmetry (Cambridge).
I am the primary supervisor of Roberto Sisca and secondary supervisor of Andrea Fontenella.