Professor Matt Leach - Professor of Energy and Environmental Systems.
Matt has more than thirty years’ experience of the challenges of improving urban sustainability. Following 12 years as a member of staff at Imperial College London, he joined CES in 2007 and was Director of the Centre from 2008 to 2015.
Matt holds a bachelors in Mechanical Engineering, an MSc in Environmental Technology and a PhD in Energy Policy. He is a chartered engineer, but much of his research is on the economic and environmental performance of energy and urban resource systems.
Matt has been Vice President of the Energy Institute and is a past Chair of Council of the British Institute of Energy Economics.
Susie is based in the Research Strategy Directorate and works closely with the Theme Champions, coordinating and managing the University’s Research Themes. She is the first point of contact for queries and comments relating to the Themes.
Key groups, centres and departments
- 5G Innovation Centre
- Centre for Automotive Engineering
- Centre for Environmental and Health Engineering
- Centre for Environment and Sustainability (CES)
- Centre for Infrastructure Systems Engineering (CISE)
- Environmental Flow (ENFLO) Research Centre
- Fluids, Strings and Geometry Group
- Global Centre for Clean Air Research
- Mathematics of Life and Social Sciences Group
- Mechanical Engineering Sciences