The Vice Chancellor’s Awards recognise exceptional performances by individual members of staff, students and alumni, and the contribution they make to the success of the University of Surrey. Awards are made annually in the following categories:
- Vice-Chancellor’s Award for Teaching Excellence
- Vice-Chancellor’s Award for Research
- Vice-Chancellor’s Award for Postgraduate Research
- Vice-Chancellor’s Award for Colleague of the Year
- Vice-Chancellor’s Award for Going The Extra Mile
- Vice-Chancellor’s Award for Contribution to Student Life
- Vice-Chancellor’s Alumni Award
Honor Beaumont Award
The Honor Beaumont Award was created in memory of Honor Beaumont, Secretary to the Professional Training Committee. This award recognises members of staff who have provided exceptional support to the student Professional Training experience.
Selected academic awards
Academics at Surrey regularly receive awards for their work. Full details can be found on individual school and department pages, or on our Awards and Nominations page.
Professor Jim Al-Khalili – RISE Award
The RISE awards celebrate pioneering academics who are innovators in engineering and science research.
Professor Jim Al-Khalili was named one of the ten RISE (Recognising Inspirational Scientists and Engineers) leaders for 2014 by the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC). The RISE awards honour some of the best scientists and engineers, both as established leaders in their field and as future leaders in emerging fields.